- December 8, 2020
11:30 am - 1:00 pm
Topic: Environmental for the Safety Professional: Awareness in a Changed World
Speaker: Kevin Weaver, MS, CHMM, Sr. Director of Environmental – U.S. Compliance
Date: Tuesday, December 8, 2020
Time: Login starting at 11:00 am. Meeting starts at 11:30 am
This webinar is for the EHS professional with full or partial oversight of environmental regulatory requirements, whether a seasoned professional or new to the environmental role, the purpose of this presentation is to highlight common regulations and the most common pitfalls within industries by looking at real world examples. Coupled with a global pandemic and fluctuations in business and staff, to say this is a year with upsets is an understatement. We will examine how to overcome potential lapses during COVID and where to focus environmentally in 2021.
About our speaker…
With over 25 years working within general industry on Environmental, Health and Safety issues globally, Kevin is uniquely capable to manage and forecast regulatory liabilities. Kevin has been directly involved with hundreds of environmental and safety regulatory inquiries, including EPA investigations, chemical releases, fatalities, follow-up inspections and contestations. He has also developed several programs and trained thousands of industry employees on topics related to environmental, safety and sustainability.
Beyond regulatory compliance, Kevin is continually involved in management systems, including: Sustainability, ISO 14001 and ANSI 45001. With diverse industry experience, Kevin has been able to analyze and understand what drives success and how businesses can incorporate these strategies into their operational routines. Pulling all of this knowledge together has allowed Kevin to drive sustainability initiatives that are meaningful and impacting to company culture for those that are ready.
About this Month’s Meeting…
- This month’s meeting is FREE. That said, we have a limited number of seats available. If you register, please plan on attending.
- In addition to the registration process below, you will need to register separately for the Zoom meeting. We are doing this to accurately record everyone who attends the meeting so we can send out CEU certificates. Please use the same name and email address that you used for the initial registration.
- When you register for the event, you will get a separate registration confirmation email automatically generated by our event management system that includes the registration link for the Zoom meeting.
This is the REALLY IMPORTANT STUFF…
- If you do not get an email confirmation within 30 minutes of registering, please check your SPAM filter or Junk Mail folder.
- If you still can’t find the email, please send an email to email@example.com.
- Please DO NOT wait until 11:00 on the day of the event to register and receive your login link to the meeting. Please plan ahead.
- As we are using the Zoom Meeting platform, you may have to download and install the application. Please allow enough time to download, install and test this application on your computer or other device prior to the meeting.
- Registrations will stop at 11:00 am on the day of the event. Please plan ahead.
We will be will be offering .1 CEUs for attending this webinar. For those of you who have been waiting for a CEU certificate for October and November, please have patience. Our CEU coordinator at the U of M (who grants us the CEUs) was sick in bed with COVID and is a bit behind. Sorry! We have all the records of the attendees and will get the certificates out ASAP.