Northwest Chapter ASSP 2024 Scholarship Program
Multiple Scholarships totaling $4000 available for students pursuing a graduate degree, Master of Science in Risk Control, at University of Wisconsin-Stout, Master of Environmental Health & Safety, at the University of Minnesota-Duluth or Master or Doctorate in Public Health or an Occupational Safety, Health or Environmental field of study at the University of Minnesota.
Due dates for your application to be considered are as follows:
US Postal Users must have their application postmarked by March 13th, 2024
Last minute filers must deliver their application in person or as a PDF file via email no later than 4:30 pm CDT on Friday March 15th, 2024.
Email users note…
It is not 100% certain that your email will successfully make it to your intended addressee. Please consider using the US Postal system.
Criteria for 2024 Scholarship Awards
- Incomplete or late applications will be disqualified.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled full-time, and plan to graduate in May 2024 or later to be eligible for this award.
- Previous recipients of Northwest Chapter ASSP scholarship awards are not eligible.
- Applicants must complete Section I of the application form and attach a Scholarship Award Essay.
- Applicants must attach a current resume to the scholarship award application.
- Applicants must submit transcripts from completed graduate courses and undergraduate degree programs. The transcripts must:
- Verify good academic standing.
- Verify overall graduate GPA of at least 3.25 out of a 4.0 system for all graduate courses completed.
- Verify undergraduate degree completion and an overall undergraduate GPA of at least 2.75 out of a 4.0 system.
- Unofficial transcripts are accepted by following ASSP’s Code of Professional Conduct
- Section II of the application form and a reference letter from a university program faculty member must accompany scholarship application. The letter must:
- Include verification of official enrollment in an occupational safety & health or closely related field.
- Verify 6 current semester hours or more.
Eligibility for all Northwest Chapter ASSP scholarships requires a current ASSP student membership that costs $15 per year. To apply for membership, contact ASSP’s Customer Service department at 847-699-2929 or visit ASSP’s web site at www.assp.org.
The application for the scholarship can be located on the Northwest Chapter:
The Northwest Chapter ASSP Scholarship Award & Selection Committee will review all applications. Scholarship award winners will be notified by early April, 2024. If you have any questions, please contact Tim Flint at 763-350-1633 or Scholarship@northwest.assp.org