- April 13, 2021 Chapter Meeting
April 13, 2021
11:30 am - 1:00 pm
Topic: Fire Protection, An Insurance Perspective
Speaker: Steve Halferty, CFPS, CSP, ALCM, Senior Technical Specialist, Property, The Cincinnati Insurance Companies
Date: Tuesday, April 13, 202
Time: Login starting at 11:00 am. Meeting starts at 11:30 am
This webinar will review common processes associated with completing facility loss control evaluations. This includes how facility occupancies are determined, how hazardous operations are rated and subsequently how assessments are made as to the types of fire protection needed to adequately protect those occupancies. All of this ties into how the commercial insurance policy is underwritten and the cost of the coverages.
About our speaker…
Steve Halferty joined Cincinnati Insurance in 2015 with 30 years of experience, most all of which in insurance loss control. Steve, he has spent time as an HPR engineer and middle market multi-lines loss control consultant, as well as a manager.
Steve serves as an alternate on the NFPA 101 and NFPA 5000 Industrial, Storage and Miscellaneous Occupancies Committees. He also has specializes in hydraulic analysis and ignitable liquid use and storage. Steve has a BS degree in Safety Sciences from Indiana University of Pennsylvania and holds the designations of Certified Fire Protection Specialist, and Certified Safety Professional. Steve currently supports Cincinnati Insurance’s field consultants in the West as well as Minnesota and Wisconsin.
About this Month’s Meeting…
- This month’s meeting is FREE. That said, we have a limited number of seats available. If you register, please plan on attending.
- If you are feeling generous, please consider one of the ticket options below that includes a donation to the Northwest Chapter Scholarship fund.
- In addition to the registration process below, you will need to register separately for the Zoom meeting. We are doing this to accurately record everyone who attends the meeting so we can send out CEU certificates. Please use the same name and email address that you used for the initial registration.
- When you register for the event, you will get a separate registration confirmation email automatically generated by our event management system that includes the registration link for the Zoom meeting.
This is the REALLY IMPORTANT STUFF…
- If you do not get an email confirmation within 30 minutes of registering, please check your SPAM filter or Junk Mail folder.
- If you still can’t find the email, please send an email to email@example.com.
- Please DO NOT wait until 11:00 on the day of the event to register and receive your login link to the meeting. Please plan ahead.
- As we are using the Zoom Meeting platform, you may have to download and install the application. Please allow enough time to download, install and test this application on your computer or other device prior to the meeting.
- Registrations will stop at 11:00 am on the day of the event. Please plan ahead.
We will be will be offering 0.1 CEUs for attending this webinar.
Venue: Your Home Office or Wherever You Like