- February 12, 2019
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Please use this registration page to provide us with information on your presentation.
CALL FOR PRESENTERS – 2019 PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT CONFERENCE
In a continued effort to present high quality, relevant industry information at the Northwest Chapter ASSP Professional Development Conference (PDC), the Planning Committee extends an invitation to all speakers interested in applying to present a session at the 2019 PDC. Topics submitted should serve to advance the fields of safety and health, address key issues, improve professional skills and/or address emerging challenges. The conference will be held in Prior Lake, MN at the Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel conference center.
The PDC planning committee is particularly interested in advanced, technically oriented, practical and actionable presentations.
Details and Policy
Multiple Submissions: A maximum of two proposals, the first two received, will be considered per individual.
Length of Presentation: Topics selected will be assigned a 1 hour presentation time frame (including 15 minutes of participant questions).
Those accepting our invitation to apply should submit the following materials in PDF or Word format via email, with “Northwest Chapter ASSP PDC Speaker Submittal” in the subject line, to email@example.com. Please feel free to forward this speaker invitation to recommended presenters for consideration.
- Complete an application form for each proposal submitted (two maximum).
- Description of the Presentation: Provide a description of proposed presentation sufficient to evaluate the content and assess the level of interest for attendees. The description should be no more than two pages
- If selected to present, speaker must provide:
- Brochure Description: 50 word (max) description of the presentation to be included in the conference brochure
- PDF of presentation: Presentations will be provided to attendees via the Northwest Chapter website after the conference. Participant materials must be submitted prior to February 1st-2019 to be included for our attendees.
Speaker proposals are evaluated objectively by the PDC Planning Committee with consideration for the following criteria:
- Degree to which the proposed session meets the conference objective of advancing the field of safety and health, addressing key issues, improving professional skills and/or addressing emerging challenges.
- Desirability of the topic to the conference attendees
- Presentation skills and experience of the speaker
Proposals must contain and convey sufficient detail to allow the selection committee to understand the learning objectives and how the proposed session will meet those objectives. Marketing material, promotional flyers, PowerPoint slides, photographs or similar materials are not accepted. Selection is competitive; therefore, it is important to submit a compelling and complete proposal in accordance with the Call for Presenters.
Speakers receive full complimentary conference registration, this includes a light breakfast and lunch at the conference. Travel, lodging, and meal expenses are the responsibility of the speaker.
September 1st 2018: Speaker notification begins
December 15th 2018: Deadline for presenters to submit proposals.
December 30th 2018: Deadline for presenters to submit any additional information that was requested by the review committee
January 15th 2019: Final presentations and speaker agreements due.