- November 10, 2020
11:30 am - 1:00 pm
Topic: Air Medical Services in a COVID World: An Inside Look at Lifelink III
Speakers: Scott Gesinger, MEHS, CSP, Lifelink III Safety Program Manager
Kolby Kolbet, RN, MSN, CFRN, CMTE, Vice President of Clinical Operations
Date: Tuesday, November 10, 2020
Time: Login starting at 11:00 am. Meeting starts at 11:30 am
With a 35 year history, Lifelink III”s mission is to provide safe and effective air medical transport around the Midwest with a fleet of helicopters and fixed-wing aircraft. This presentation will teach us about the nature of their operations and how they accomplish their mission during these days of COVID-19 pandemic precautions.
Check out the overview here!
Once again, we will be meeting via ZOOM. Special thanks to The Builder’s Group for allowing the Chapter to use their system!
About Our Speakers
Scott Gesinger, MEHS, CSP
Scott Gesinger is the Safety Manager for Life Link III, an air medical transport service based in Minneapolis and serving a region covering Minnesota and Wisconsin. Scott graduated from the UMD MEHS program in 2000 and holds a BS in Psychology and Sociology from the University of Minnesota. Scott is a Certified Safety Professional and has published an article in Professional Safety. He has also written the book, “The Fearless World of Professional Safety in the 21st Century,” which Sidney Decker has said “…is one of the books to help bring [a fundamental paradigm shift in safety] along a bit farther still.” Additionally, Scott is authoring a chapter for the next edition of “The Safety Professionals Handbook.” Scott has spoken at several conferences, including the 2020 ASSP national PDC. He is a Minnesota native, a dad, and cannot fold an omelet properly.
Kolby Kolbet, RN, MSN, CFRN, CMTE
Kolby Kolbet is the Vice President of Clinical Operations for Live Lin III. Prior to joining Life Link III, Kolby was the Chief Flight Nurse and Nurse Educator at Gundersen Lutheran MedLink AIR in La Crosse, Wisconsin. Kolby also worked in the hospital’s Trauma and Emergency Center, Specialty Care Transport, and the Pediatric and Neonatal ICU. He earned his B.S. in Nursing from Allen College in Waterloo, Iowa and obtained his M.S. in Nursing Education from Viterbo University in La Crosse. He is a Certified Medical Transport Executive (CMTE), Certified Flight Registered Nurse (CFRN) and Nationally Registered Paramedic (NRP). Kolby currently serves as faculty for the Medical Transport Leadership Institute (MTLI) and is an active member of the Air & Surface Transport Nurses Association (ASTNA). Prior to becoming a nurse, Kolby was a paramedic and a Volunteer First Responder and EMT in New Hampton, Iowa.
About this Month’s Meeting…
- This month’s meeting costs $10.00 per seat. Proceeds will be used to fund our Student Scholarships.
- Payments will only be accepted through our PayPal account.
- In addition to the payment process, you will need to register separately for the Zoom meeting. We are doing this to accurately record everyone who attends the meeting so we can send out CEU certificates. Please use the same name and email address that you used for payment.
- When you register for the event and make your payment, you will get a separate registration confirmation email automatically generated by our event management system that includes the registration link for the Zoom meeting.
This is the REALLY IMPORTANT STUFF…
- If you do not get an email confirmation within 30 minutes of registering, please check your SPAM filter or Junk Mail folder.
- If you still can’t find the email, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please DO NOT wait until 11:30 on the day of the event to register and receive your login link to the meeting. Please plan ahead.
- As we are using the Zoom Meeting platform, you may have to download and install the application. Please allow enough time to download, install and test this application on your computer or other device prior to the meeting.
- Registrations will stop at 11:00 am on the day of the event. Please plan ahead.
We will be awarding .1 CEUs for attending this event!