February 14, 2023
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
CALL FOR PRESENTERS – 2023 PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT CONFERENCE
In a continued effort to present high quality, relevant industry information at the Northwest Chapter ASSP Professional Development Conference (PDC), the Planning Committee extends an invitation to all speakers interested in applying to present a session at the 2023 PDC. Topics submitted should serve to advance the fields of safety and health, address key issues, improve professional skills and/or address emerging challenges. The conference will be held in Minneapolis, MN at The Graduate Hotel on the U of M campus.
The PDC planning committee is particularly interested in advanced, technically oriented, practical and actionable presentations.
Details and Policy
Multiple Submissions: A maximum of two proposals, the first two received, will be considered per individual.
Length of Presentation: Topics selected will be assigned a 1 hour presentation time frame (including 15 minutes of participant questions).
- Complete the registration form below for each proposal submitted (two maximum).
- Speaker must provide:
- PDF of presentation: Presentations will be provided to attendees via the Northwest Chapter website after the conference. Participant materials must be submitted prior to February 1st-2023 to be included for our attendees.
Speaker proposals are evaluated objectively by the PDC Planning Committee with consideration for the following criteria:
- Degree to which the proposed session meets the conference objective of advancing the field of safety and health, addressing key issues, improving professional skills and/or addressing emerging challenges.
- Desirability of the topic to the conference attendees
- Presentation skills and experience of the speaker
Proposals must contain and convey sufficient detail to allow the selection committee to understand the learning objectives and how the proposed session will meet those objectives. Marketing material, promotional flyers, PowerPoint slides, photographs or similar materials are not accepted. Selection is competitive; therefore, it is important to submit a compelling and complete proposal in accordance with the Call for Presenters.
Speakers receive full complimentary conference registration, this includes a light breakfast and lunch at the conference. Travel, lodging, and meal expenses are the responsibility of the speaker.
December 15th 2022: Deadline for presenters to submit proposals.
December 30th 2022: Deadline for presenters to submit any additional information that was requested by the review committee
February 1st 2023: Final presentations and speaker agreements due.
If you are not selected as a speaker for the 2023 Northwest Chapter PDC the speaker registration will be canceled and you will have to re-register as an attendee at the price the tickets were at the time of your submittal. (If before the attendee’s spots open, the ticket will be the early-bird price)
Venue: Graduate Minneapolis U of Minnesota Campus